Entrepreneur || Website Designer || Operations Consultant || Engineer
What I Do
Entrepreneurship is a big, broad, sometimes scary word. I consider myself an entrepreneur. I like to work smart, make a difference, and build lasting relationships. I love to do those things when partnering in a way that benefits my partners and myself to a maximum degree.
I am a problem solver. I learned from the absolute best and have shown success after success in my career at solving difficult problems. I love the feeling of identifying the cause of an issue, which often requires 75% or more of the problem solving effort, and using the remaining 25% on implementing effective solutions.
I consider myself a lifelong learner, and am constantly gathering anything I can to enrich and propel myself. I love reading, podcasts, documentaries, and attending Big Ten educational institutions.
Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University
- Master’s of Business Administration, June 2018
- Major in Managing Organizations
- Pathway in Entrepreneurship
University of Minnesota
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree, December 2012
- Major in Mechanical Engineering
- Minor in Management, Carlson School of Management
I’ve worked in corporate jobs as an Engineer, Supervisor, Internal Process Consultant, Trainer, Coach, Manager, and more. I consider myself having played a swiss-army-knife role in each of the below 3 companies, executing whatever is asked of me to the highest level.
Quality and Operations are the name of my game
Managed the development, design, maintenance, and reporting of key performance metric reporting for the GRU, Network, and FMLA business units
Lead development of Quality Assurance team for the FMLA Management business, including implementation of internal auditing program and ownership of issue response processes
Ideated operational improvement solutions resulting in 30% efficiency gains, utilizing influence tactics to prioritize implementation of these actions over planned, less impactful, actions
Performed data-oriented operational analyses of GRU, Network, and FMLA business units, resulting in prioritized roadmap of high-impact improvements and problem-solving actions
Beckman Coulter - Subsidiary of Danaher
Danaher Master Black Belt certified in Transactional Process Improvement as of December 2016
Selected to manage team of 15 tasked with ensuring compliance to Beckman Coulter Quality system procedures, corporate policies and global regulations including ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
Succeeded in audits from global regulatory bodies including FDA and EU, with 0 major findings
Led cross-functional Kaizen to align 5 Chemistry ImmunoAssay manufacturing sites on Nonconforming Material process, eliminating waste and reducing nonconformance reports by as much as 33%
Initiated and led Kaizen to integrate Quality into manufacturing processes to reduce process time by 2 hours per instrument and help achieve Defects per Unit improvement of 50%, a site Key Performance Indicator
Ask me anything about Kaizens, really…
Created and managed LEAN inspection project resulting in efficiency improvements across Boston Scientific / Cameron Health operations resulting in $638,000 in cost reduction – Awarded Value Improvement Project (VIP) award
Launched Boston Scientific / Cameron Health Dock to Stock program resulting in $118,000 in savings
Supported sunset activities for Cameron Health San Clemente and St Paul operations to swiftly and effectively close Cameron Health operations and complete acquisition into Boston Scientific below budget
Led implementation and release of global Boston Scientific project in Valencia facility resulting in 50% reduction in Incoming Inspection costs
My 4 Favorite Places
On a Hike
In a Book
To be Determined
I have always loved to write, but only recently devoted serious time to it. I love to write about travel, life, values, business, anything that interests me really. For the purpose of my website, I have mainly written on travel, with life lessons sprinkled in here and there when I can.
What Moves Me
I love getting outdoors and getting a workout! I completed Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth, MN in Summer 2014
I volunteered at Children’s Hospital of MN for a few years during and after college.
I absolutely LOVE to travel, and can’t get enough of seeing new places!
Little Tidbit: In college I had 2 different Product Design internships. The first was at Cummins Power Generation in 2011, where I worked on the design of an exhaust manifold for a diesel engine powering a mid-size generator. The second was at Andersen Windows in 2012, where I worked on the design of a new high-efficiency window frame that minimized heat transfer between indoors and outdoors.