I have literally never met someone who did not enjoy tacos. Not one person on earth hears ‘tacos are for dinner’ and doesn’t JUMP FOR JOY! But the best way to have tacos is this yummy camping recipe!
After a long day of snorkeling, hiking, or maybe just hanging at the beach with a cold drink in your hand, there’s nothing better than sitting down to a delicious meal. A delicious tex-mex fiesta in your mouth, if you choose our 1-pan turkey tacos!
It is yummy. It is inexpensive to prepare. And because it is all prepped in 1 pan, it is SO easy to clean up! We are talking 5-10 minutes of cleanup time, people!
Without further ado, it is taco time.
[This ingredient count is for 2 servings. If you are cooking for more, you might have to break out your TI-89 calculator and do the math.]
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 sweet peppers
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 8 oz protein of your choosing (optional, we chose to use turkey!)
- 1 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- Taco seasoning (option, to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Camping Stove (or fire pit complete with fire)
- Cast-iron Skillet
- Cast-iron Scraper & Oil (for skillet care)
- Turn on camping stove and heat up cast-iron skillet
- While skillet is heating, chop up peppers, onions, jalapenos, and protein
- If you’re using uncooked protein, cook in the sizzling cast-iron skillet
- Add peppers and onions
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until peppers, onions, jalapenos, and protein have a little bit of char
- Add water and taco seasoning
- Once the entire dish starts bubbling, add rice
- Boil until rice is cooked (5 minutes for Minute Rice)
- Add any hot sauce(s) to your heart’s delight
- Slice up avocado
- Prepare each taco with love & care by scooping taco skillet into tortilla and adding avocado
- Serve to your salivating co-campers
- Care for your cast-iron skillet once it is cooled
- Plan your next amazing day of camping & hiking!
Did you like this recipe? Pin the below image to save for later!
lolglobetrotting’s Latest Posts
- Van Life Costs – February
- Epic Weekend in New Orleans – for Free
- How to Park Overnight Free Anywhere in the USA
- Road Trip Through Florida’s Hidden Gems
- 1 Pan Turkey Tacos
lolglobetrotting utilizes affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of our product links, we will receive a small commission at no cost to you. This supports us and enables us to keep generating content for you to consume for free!