Here’s something we never thought would happen: eating DELICIOUS Indian food while camping! But…drum roll…here we are! A 1 pan Indian dish that was so yummy and so easy to make!
Picture this: you finish a long morning hike, and make your way back to the campsite. You aren’t looking forward to another peanut butter sandwich with a side of pretzels. However, once you’re back, your camping partner has prepped a curry dish that is a little slice of Mumbai!
You do a quick little dance for joy, clicking your heels as you let out a gutteral guffaw! Your happiness takes over and you collapse into your folding chair, devouring the fantastic dish, savoring every bite.
Our 1 pan Indian curry dish will have that effect on people. While camping, or even cooking at home, try out this easy recipe, you will not regret it!
[This ingredient count is for 2 servings. If you are cooking for more, you might have to break out your TI-89 calculator and do the math.]
- 1 pack mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 sweet peppers
- 6 oz protein of your choosing (optional, our favorite is chicken)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 package curry paste
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- Camping Stove (or fire pit complete with fire)
- Cast-iron Skillet
- Cast-iron Scraper & Oil (for skillet care)
- Turn on camping stove and heat up cast-iron skillet
- While skillet is heating, chop up mushrooms, peppers, onions, and protein
- If you’re using uncooked protein, cook in the sizzling cast-iron skillet
- Add mushrooms, peppers, and onions
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until peppers, onions, and protein have a little bit of char
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, and water (note: more/less water will make the dish more/less soupy, make it how ya like it!)
- Once the entire dish starts bubbling, add rice
- Boil until rice is cooked (5 minutes for Minute Rice)
- Add any hot sauce(s) to your heart’s delight
- Serve to your salivating co-campers
- Care for your cast-iron skillet once it is cooled
- Plan your next amazing day of camping & hiking!
Did you like this recipe? Pin the below image to save for later!
lolglobetrotting’s Latest Posts
- Van Life Costs – February
- Epic Weekend in New Orleans – for Free
- How to Park Overnight Free Anywhere in the USA
- Road Trip Through Florida’s Hidden Gems
- 1 Pan Turkey Tacos
lolglobetrotting utilizes affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of our product links, we will receive a small commission at no cost to you. This supports us and enables us to keep generating content for you to consume for free!